I wish there was a Restart RetroArch function. Some settings currently need a page refresh when changed.
- Use IndexedDB instead of local storage, It's possible to upload more than 10MB now!
We have seen a lot of traffic coming from here but no feedback at all...
Let us know what works, what doesn't and what needs to be improved in a comment!
We are the developers behind RetroArch and Lakka. We also maintain the libretro cores and other smaller projects like a game thumbnails repository.
If you are using RetroArch or Lakka and love it, you can support us by giving a small amount on a monthly basis. This will help our project to stay strong and independent, so we can focus on improving Lakka and RetroArch.
Proceeds will go towards:
- Hosting fees for the libretro web site
- Hosting fees for the libretro buildbot
- Hosting fees for the Lakka buildbot
- Hosting fees for the game thumbnails server
- Domain name renewal and registration
- Select the core you want to play from the dropdown
- Hit the Play button
- Hit the Plus button to add some games for the system
- Use a SDL2 compatible gamepad to navigate the GUI or keyboard ARROWS and keyboad X to accept, keyboard Z to go back
- Select "load content", "select file"
- Select your game, select "Open archive as folder" if it's a zip
- Select the game
- A button: X
- B button: Z
- X Button: S
- Y Button: A
- L Button: Q
- R Button: W
- D-pad: Arrow Keys
- Start Button: Enter
- Select Button: Shift
- There is no way to get save data out in this implementation, use our builtin player for that
- If you run into issues hit the Clean button (garbage can) that should cleanup your local data and allow you to start over
RetroArch is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro. Libretro allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
It comes with its own built-in collection of applications to provide you with a 'one-stop-shop' for entertainment.
Web Player is the emscripten port of RetroArch, it allows you to use RetroArch directly in your browser. It's compatible with most modern browsers but we recommend Google Chrome for the best possible performance.
The itch.io player doesn't currently support cloud syncing, you can check out our self-hosted Web Player here.
Our native ports provide even better performance and an bigger feature set. You can download the latest version of our standalone ports at this location.
|Published||165 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Android, HTML5|
|Release date||165 days ago|
|Tags||api, Controller, emulator, Retro|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 8|
Click download now to get access to the following files: